OM launches "OM Africa" for supporters in Africa
Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Senegal, Cameroon, Ivory Coast ... There have always been strong links between OM and Africa. Many players from Africa have worn, wear (and will wear) the Olympien shirt, which has allowed Marseille to increase its exposure in the Maghreb but also in West Africa.
This is why Olympique de Marseille is launching "OM Africa", a vast program entirely dedicated to its fans of the African continent.
With Exclusive content, events, original products, official fan groups and fan zones ... OM Africa will bring together all African Olympeins around the same passion: OM.
The OM - Bordeaux match will be the starting point of OM Africa, with an evening in the colors of Africa:
- Various OM legends will be present (Mamadou Niang, Souleymane Diawara, Basil Boli, Taye Taiwo, Habib Beye, Pope Fall, Charles Kaboré ...) for the match.
- One of these legends, Djamel Belmadi (coach of Algeria, CAN 2019 winner), will take part in the cerimonial first kick.
- Marseille players will wear an exclusive jersey, specific to the colours of Africa and the OM Africa badge will be on their sleeve.
- These "collector" jerseys will be available to enter-to-win by African fans on OM's social networks.
- Consulates from African countries will also be present at the Orange Velodrome.
- The fan-zones and areas within the Orange Vélodrome (lounges, reception areas ...) will also be in the colours of Africa (food trucks, African dance troupes, animations ...).
Laurent Colette, General Manager OM: "Marseille's relationship with Francophone Africa is well established but it remains a strong reality that needs to be constantly fueled and given meaning. In Africa, there is a real passion for Olympique Marseille and we felt it important to grow closer to our supporters and to start a program to be more present in this part of the world. With "OM Africa", we will now initiate a series of complementary initiatives some of which are already a reality - such as the opening of two schools in Algeria and Tunisia- and exclusive events for our fans in Morocco, Senegal and Tunisia via the presence of our African legends, and the organisation of a special Africa Day for the match against Bordeaux. Other projects are being prepared and will gradually consolidate OM's commitment with French-speaking Africa ".